Friday, February 15, 2008

Pink Graham Cracker Salad

Now, before you all tell me that this is about desserts this month and this title is salad, I know. It is my Mother in Law's recipe and we live in the jello salad capital of the world and she makes it as a salad. I, however, make it and eat it as a dessert- hence posting it in this month's selections.

1 lg. can canned milk (she insists on Sego brand- I use what I have)
1 (3 oz) pkg strawberry jello (use your favorite, mix it up use lemon etc)
1 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 (4-oz) pkg cream cheese at room temp.
2 pkgs graham cracker crushed into crumbs (if you buy the package of graham cracker crumbs, the measurment is about 1/3 lb)

Pour milk into a mixing bowl add the beaters from your mixer and put into freezer. Crush graham crackers. Put 1/2 of them in bottom of 8x8 inch pan. Place jello into mixing bowl. Pour boiling water over jello and dissolve well. Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Beat in cream cheese. Whip crystallized milk until well fluffy. (since I only have one set of beaters, I do this first rinse them off and then do the other mixing) Slowly add jello mixture while continually whipping until well mixed. Pour onto graham crackers in pan. Top with the rest of the graham crackers. Put in refrigerator until it sets up.

No comments: