Prep: 33 mins l Chill time: 45 mins l Servings: 6-8
1 (3 oz) package lemon gelatin
1/2 cup granulated sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup lemon yogurt
2 Tbsps lemon juice
12 oz whipped topping, divided
1 (9-inch) unbaked graham cracker crust or baked piecrust
Thin lemon slices and fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Dissolve gelatin and granulated sugar in boiling water in a small heatproof bowl. Chill for 25 mins.
2. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer set at medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Beat in yogurt and lemon juice until smooth.
3. Add gelatin mixture and beat at low speed just until blended. Fold in half of the whipped topping.
4. Spoon filling into crust. Chill until firm, about 45 mins.
5. Top with dollops of remaining whipped topping. Garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves, if desired.
Variation: Substitute raspberry gelatin and yogurt for the lemon gelatin and yogurt.
What? No piecrust or graham cracker crumbs? No problem. Serve as a mousse instead. Spoon mixture into sherbet glasses or custard cups and chill until set. Top with whipped topping and desired garnishes.