Prep: 9 mins l Bake time: 25 min l Servings: 9
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter
1 (11 oz can) mandarin oranges, drained
1 large egg, beaten
1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 Tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly grease a 9x9 baking pan.
2. Mix flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
3. Combine mandarin oranges and egg in a medium bowl and mix well. Add to butter mixture and mix well. Spoon into prepared baking pan.
4. Combine coconut, pecans and brown sugar in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle on top of batter.
5. Bake cake until a toothpick inserted in teh center comes out clean, about 25 mins. Serve warm or cool to room temperature.