Sunday, February 24, 2008

Easy Fudge Cookies

This is Grandma Hulsey's recipe. I make these for Dad to take to
work a lot, and one of the men termed them Mormon Cookies
He loved them.

4 cups sugar
1/2 cup Cocoa
1/2 lb. butter or oleo
1 cup milk
Boil above 1 minute
Take off heat and add:
1 cup peanut butter
Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 cups quick oats
Coconut and chopped nuts may be added
also if desired.
Drop on wax paper.

To show how old this recipe is, oleo was a margarine
brand, when margarines were first produced. I
remember them first making an apperance in the
late 40's or early 50's .
Mom

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Tawnya, this is the nobake recipe I told you about.

tawnya said...

Yeah, this is the one I always try. Still stink at it...

Anonymous said...

Tawnya, I used to have the same problem, & Drew does too. I just add the oats 1 cup at a time. For some reason it doesn't always take the same amount of oats every time. Put them on wax paper while it is still gooey but not runny. Then they won't be too crumbly. :) Loretta

Anonymous said...

I just read your comment on the bottom. NOW I know why Wynn's mom always calls margarine oleo! That was soooooo odd to me!

tawnya said...

Loretta - I do that. The last time I made them, I used 2 1/2 cups. That's it. Still stunk.

Anonymous said...

Well, ya know, there always seems to be that one thing we just can't get to turn out no matter what or who. This doesn't work for Drew either. I can't get rice to turn out & my kids just won't believe I intended to make sticky rice! So Wynn makes it.

Dawna said...

that's why rick does scratch gravy at our house. it's always lumpy if i make it. unless i use a mix. and i still can't make a good pie crust. the fillings are to die for i've been told put the crusts are either soggy or dry. go figure.