Friday, February 22, 2008

Mississippi Mud Cake

Yes, those of you that had Mrs. VanBuskirk for accounting in High School, this is her recipe. Those of you who didn't, you are in for a treat! Mmmmm.

2 c. sugar
1 c. cooking oil
4 eggs (I use 5)
1 1/2 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa
1/4 t. salt
2 t. vanilla
1 c. chopped pecans
1 jar marshmallow creme

Cream sugar & oil, add eggs & beat by hand. Sift flour, cocoa & salt, add & mix. Add vanilla & pecans. Bake 30 min. at 350* in greased & floured 9x13 pan. Cool about 5 min. before spreading creme over cake. Cool completely (in fridge) before adding icing.

ICING

2 sticks margarine (melted)
1/2 c. cocoa
1 box powdered sugar
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1 t. vanilla
1 c. pecans

Sift sugar & cocoa. Mix with melted margarine. Add evaporated milk & vanilla. Beat by hand for 1 min. Stir in nuts & spread over marshmallow on cake.

*Keep this cake refridgerated

**when I made this cake before, I baked at 325* for exactly 30 min. So depends on oven and elevation I think. Haven't made it since I had Tanner.

Loretta :)

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I was going to post this, but I was at work when I thought about it and you beat me to it tonight. I make it for Donovan's and Trevor's birthdays every single year.

tawnya said...

She never made us cake...

Sandra said...

Never? Oh, I am so sorry. In my recipe book I even have this labeled Mrs. Van B's Mississippi Mud Cake. You have to have some. it is chocolate and sweet and goey and makes you sick if your piece is too big. But still...

Anonymous said...

Can your piece BE too big??? And Tawnya, soooo sorry she never made this for you. It was famous, or is that infamous? Anyway, make it, you will both love and hate me forever! :) Loretta

Dawna said...

don't worry tawnya. she never made it when i had her either. my frosting always has powdered sugar lumps. only this frosting. does anyone elses?