Sunday, February 24, 2008

Orange Cookies

Well here goes, we'll see if I'm doing this right, or if some unknown will be making cookies.

1/2 cup shortening 1 cup cocoanut (optional)
2 cups sugar 4 cups flour
2 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla
l cup chopped nuts (optional) 4 tsp. baking powder
2 cups mashed, cooked carrots 1 tsp. salt anyone watching their salt can use a lot less or none

Cream sugar and shortening: add warm carrots and eggs. Add sifted dry ingredients, nuts and coconut.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Frost warm cookies with cream cheese frosting or----
Glaze
1 orange
2 Tablespoons shortening
pinch of salt
confectioners sugar

4 comments:

Hulsey Family said...

This is what I make whenever I need to ask Everett for a favor...

tawnya said...

So I'll need to find a different bribe?

E said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Bring it!

E said...

Throw in some trifle with that, and I'm there......