Prep Time: 10 min l Cook time: 20 min l Serves: 6
1 lb lean ground beaf
2 cups hot mashed potatoes
4 oz cream cheese (you can use fat free or lite)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup beef gravy
1. Preheat oven to 375*. Brown meat in large skillet. Drain.
2. Mix potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the garlic until well blended.
3. Stir vegetables and gravy into meat.
4. Spoon into 9 inch baking dish. (square is optimal)
5. Cover with potato misture. Don't worry about it being perfectly even; the more rustic it looks,
6. sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Bake for 20 min or until heated through.
Shortcut: Use instant mashed potatoes. Prepare potatoes as directed on package, omitting the milk. this way when you add the cream cheese, the potatoes stay fluffy.